Star Wars Battlefront II

Star Wars Battlefront II

Postby dahawk » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:27 pm

thoughts: Phase one of Galactic Assault is very reminiscent of Overwatch. This game seems to have everything I was hoping for. I'm looking forward to it with great interest.
dahawk

Re: Star Wars Battlefront II

Postby a3grlmreaper » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:32 am

The trailer appears to have a lot more of a classic Battlefront feel. I do like how they kept the air support elements, its the one part of the new Battlefront that I did like.

It appears that they're doing a really good job on listening to what their players want. Classes are a nice edition, excited for all 3 era gameplay, and I like what I saw on the map phases where everything comes together, and of course the previously mentioned Classic BF feel is what makes it all worth it.

EDIT: Just heard an interesting bit in a whiteboy7thst video. Instead of the ships being power ups for people to camp and hog, in Battlefront II they're like BOII point streaks.
a3grlmreaper
Captain
Captain

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:24 pm

Unfortunately it turns out this game has been set up as pay to win. So I really hope the game fails as if it succeeds, it sends out a message that we're happy with a pay to win system in our full price retail games.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017- ... te-problem
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby thebigb59 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:14 pm

Lieutenant Fatman wrote:Unfortunately it turns out this game has been set up as pay to win. So I really hope the game fails as if it succeeds, it sends out a message that we're happy with a pay to win system in our full price retail games.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017- ... te-problem

pay to win in a full retail game?
thebigb59
Major 2
Major 2

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:14 pm

Yep, buying a load of those loot boxes early on should give you a big advantage over other players.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Mi2Lethal » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:59 pm

At it's current beta stage, this game is without a doubt pay to win and it's sad because the game itself was enjoyable.
Mi2Lethal
Gunnery Sergeant 2
Gunnery Sergeant 2

Postby dazzafett » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:22 pm

I am looking forward to the Solo Campaign more than anything else.
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:14 am

So the news on this game, it would have been very difficult to miss it if you have been on any news sites in the last fews days. The response to this game being pay to win has been absolutely huge and extremely negative for EA and for the lead up to this game's release, which is today. Literally millions of people are now aware this is a pay to win game now and that news has not been well received at all. Rumours that top dogs in Disney have taken note and telephoned EA bosses and suddeny boom, they have suspended the ability to purchase loot boxes... temporarily and apoligised for upsetting so many potential customers. Please buy our game! But the loot boxes and microtransations for this game will return, they have made this very clear and there is no promise of pay to win elements being removed.
I've seen footage of the single player in action and it's currently a gitchy buggy broken mess and all sources state the story is not yet finished, it probably will be at a later date assuming the game sells well enough.
EA is in the news a lot at the moment and not for any good reasons.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby dazzafett » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:53 am

I bought purely for the Solo Campaign as I do love all things Star Wars and was really hoping they would put out something with a pretty decent campaign but that news does not sound good.
I don't agree with the loot boxes and did not have much intention to play the MP really unless it was to join my siblings/friends.
I played two games last night so as to give jLoco some requested footage and although it visually looks very nice I don't think I will be giving the MP very much time at all.

Perhaps I will one day learn to not pre order and instead let games come out for a bit first to see what is delivered before having money part from company.
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Postby thebigb59 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:14 pm

Disney need to step in here at some point, they can't allow the Star Wars name to be dragged through the mud, EA already has failed on its promises with the closure of Viserca games and cancelling of their Star Wars Game
thebigb59
Major 2
Major 2

Next

Return to Gaming News