Destiny 2 beta details

Destiny 2 beta details

Postby jloco11 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:56 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohcDVmVfPLA

Pre-order access for PS4 starts 7/18
Pre-order access for Xbox starts 7/19

Non-pre order access opens up 7/21 for those who rather not put this game on their list immediately and prefer to see what it offers.

August will have the PC beta

Spoiler: show
A few years ago when Destiny released their beta, it seemed like a game that would have a lot to do, except the game was basically just 60% more of what the beta offered. If you bought the game the first year and quit, you rightfully left the game pissed off because of the failure to live up to the hype. HOWEVER, the game improved drastically in the following years with better content.

The game isn't perfect, but there is no question it improved. So if you're curious to see the improvements, at least try the beta on 7/21. Considering the landscape of online/coop/multiplayer games this year, chances are Destiny is going to be the one that gets the most attention and follow COD as the second best seller of the year. The same crew of people who played it for 3 years, will most likely still be there.... so it's a game where you will certainly find friends to continue playing with.
jloco11

Re: Destiny 2 beta details

Postby Musashi1596 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:44 pm

At least this time around they actually announced a non-pre-order access beta.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Sugarsugar » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:13 pm

I'm definitely going to check out the Destiny 2 beta on PC. My expectations are going to be high though
Sugarsugar
Sergeant 3
Sergeant 3

Postby jloco11 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:32 pm

Sugarsugar wrote:I'm definitely going to check out the Destiny 2 beta on PC. My expectations are going to be high though

That's problem #1 right there :lol:

I will say, the PC version does look superior to the consoles though for graphics and frame rates.
jloco11

Postby Musashi1596 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:12 pm

Sugarsugar wrote:I'm definitely going to check out the Destiny 2 beta on PC. My expectations are going to be high though
...why? Is your memory that short?
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby LivingSky » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:50 pm

jloco11 wrote:

I will say, the PC version does look superior to the consoles though for graphics and frame rates.

Well that's every game. PC is just a better machine if you have the $$$ to trow at it. So it will run every game in a comparison way better than PS4 or Xbox
LivingSky
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby thebigb59 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:06 pm

LivingSky wrote:
jloco11 wrote:

Well that's every game. PC is just a better machine if you have the $$$ to trow at it. So it will run every game in a comparison way better than PS4 or Xbox

you can build a good pc on the cheap, you don't need to throw loads of money at them
thebigb59
Major 2
Major 2

Postby jloco11 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:31 am

Final details about what will be in the beta:

- 1 mission, Homecoming. That's the one we have seen in the trailers, where the city is under attack and we fight through the Tower.
- Countdown, the new crucible mission.
- On Saturday, access to The Farm, the social space to see what the new place will have for vendors and social interactions
- Inverted Spire strike mission
- 6 subclasses, including the 3 new ones: Arcstrider, Sentinel & Dawnblade. 3 old ones, Gunslinger, Striker & Voidwalker

Things that will NOT be in the beta:

- The open world map. There is no exploration this time around like we had in the Destiny 1 beta in the Cosmodrome
- Hive or Fallen. We will only see Cabal and Vex in this beta
- No clan support yet
- Loot/engram decryption. We will get set rewards for things since they don't want to show us the new loot system just yet
- Access to the subclass preloadouts. Since subclasses have their RPG'ish elements taken away, they're only giving us access to 1 of the preloadouts in the beta per subclass... the others are locked out but we can look at them

Other things to take note of that will be different this time around

- Roaming Nova Bomb super! No longer a 1 shot super, you get multiple nova bombs but they move INCREDIBLY slow... like slow motion slow.
- Warlocks have the highest jumps now. Hunters and Titans can no longer out jump a warlock. They will get the most height out of any class now
- Inherent abilities. Each class has an additional ability besides their super. Sentinels have a bubble, Strikers have a wall, Dawnblades have a healing circle, Gunslingers have evade etc
- 4v4 crucible because Bungie will be slurping on that E-sports schlong this year
jloco11

Postby jloco11 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:14 pm

Didn't want to make another destiny thread, so I'll post this hear.

The open world that was relatively empty and useless in D1, is adding some content for D2. The video from IGN shows how public events, exploring and weekly activities are being changed in D2.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2017/07/24/de ... -ign-first

While this certainly isn't going to make this the BEST GAME EVER, at the very least it's an improvement from D1 where all we had was patrols and public events...and eventually the DLC events like the hive sword, fallen captains and Taken invasions. They're already expanding on that right away.
jloco11

Return to Gaming News