Hardcore Mode

Hardcore Mode

Postby jgrimes » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:13 pm

For all you hardcore, play on the most difficult level in the game (Mark) you will find Hardcore Mode well to your liking. Hardcore mode takes Dead Space 2 to an almost Demon's Souls type game. You die, you start over, and not just a start over close to where you left off oh no. you start over at one of the selected 3 save points you are allowed, that's right 3, so you might want to choose your save points carefully. On the flip side of Hardcore being more difficult and taking all your save points and limiting it to 3, there is a reward for unlocking hardcore mode, it goes Boooooom!
jgrimes
Gunnery Sergeant 2
Gunnery Sergeant 2

Re: Hardcore Mode

Postby deathbynumbers » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:22 pm

From what I've heard, bar the saves thing which shouldn't be that much of a problem, the difficulty is on a par with normal mode. Once I get a hang on those one-hit insta kill sections I think it will be fine.
deathbynumbers

Postby Musashi1596 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:25 pm

A reward sounds nice :D
Ordinarily I'd think of rationing save points like that to be imposing a sense of artificial difficulty, but I do like the idea that you have to be far more cautious. It's just the cheap one hit kills that could prove to be a problem. A difficulty on par with normal mode is interesting though, thought it would have been the same as or worse than Zealot.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby deathbynumbers » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:32 pm

apparently enemy damage, health, numbers and ammo drops are all the same as normal so I take it that's the same lol
deathbynumbers

Return to Dead Space