JLoco11's Engineer loadouts

JLoco11's Engineer loadouts

Postby jloco11 » Tue May 29, 2012 5:18 pm

The following guide is how I personally rank up my classes in Mass Effect 3. There is no "perfect" way to setup your classes, and in numerous examples I will be showing some alterations I make with each promotion.

This is also not a guide on how to use the characters, just merely a suggestion on a loadout you may want to try.

Please note, in each guide unless otherwise stated, I put EVERY power to minimum of Evolution 3. These guides will only discuss the BRANCHING POWERS starting in Evolution 4 for the powers I elect to customize.

If a power/ability is not mentioned, that means I upgrade it to Evo 3 only.
jloco11

Re: JLoco11's Engineer loadout

Human Engineers - With each human class, I like to spec them out differently because it makes no sense to have 2 identical characters that play the same way. Both loadouts I use are shown.

Human #1: http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#20MNQIDM9@0
Weapons: N7 Eagle and Tempest

Drone 4: Increase damage & shield by 40%
Drone 5: Increase damage & shield by 50%
Drone 6: Upgrade drone with long range rocket

Incinerate 4: Increase damage by 30%
Incinerate 5: Increase recharge speed by 25%
Incinerate 6: Increase damage to armored targets by 50%

Overload 4: Increase damage by 20%
Overload 5: Increase recharge speed by 25%
Overload 6: Increase damage to barriers and shields by 100%

Alliance 4: Increase damage by 10%, increase weight capacity by 20%
Alliance 5: Increase power damage by 15%

Summary - I don't think I have ever created my Engineer classes the same in any promotion. This is by far the most versatile class in the entire game, and can have so many types of loadouts that work. I could probably do 100 different loadouts alone on this class.

For this layout, I have all 3 powers maxed out. Each power compliments each other, unlike most classes that have 1-2 dominant powers with useless shit. Here, all 3 serve a purpose and maxing them out creates a great loadout.

Combat drone is set to do long range, persistent damage to targets. The rockets can find enemies at a distance with ease and has enough shield to take a beating from enemies shooting it.

Incinerate & Overload are meant to eliminate shields and armor with damage increases and speed boosts. You will likely be spamming the shit out of these powers, and knocking enemies down with ease.

As for a weapon, I throw on the N7 Eagle mainly because the gun is there and I try to find a use for all the weapons. I don't really use or need the gun since the powers do all the damage.
jloco11

Human 2: http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#20POKIDF9P9

Drone 4: Drone detonates when destroyed dealing damage over 5 meters
Drone 5: Upgrade drone's short range attack to deal 130 points of damage from 2.5 meters
Drone 6: Upgrade drone's electrical pulse to hit 3 targets

Incinerate 4: Increase impact radius by 50%
Incinerate 5: Increase burning damage by 50% over 8 seconds
Incinerate 6: Increase damage to frozen targets by 100%

Overload 4: Hit 1 additional target within 8 meters for 60% less damage
Overload 5: Incapacitate organic enemies longer
Overload 6: Increase damage by 15%, hit 1 additional target within 8 meters for 60% less damage

Alliance 4: Increase power damage by 10%, increase weight capacity by 20%

Summary - This is a class on how to piss off enemies in large numbers with crowd control. Although you lose a bit on the damage power side, you can do damage to multiple enemies at 1 time with this loadout.

The Drone is now more of a CQC drone meant to piss off enemies at close range. Overload now chains the attack to 3 people (as well as the drone) and incinerate can burn anything within a certain radius.

The only issue with this setup is you would need to add cryo rounds to your loadout to get the best out of Incinerate.

For weapon choice, I go with the Phaeston since I feel like I need to use all the guns at some point on my classes. So the phaeston gets the lucky draw with this character.
jloco11

Quarian Engineer - I'm pretty comfortable with this loadout and use it almost every time I promote. I may tweak Incinerate and Cryo Blast, but not very often.

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#21NKNIDJ9P9
Weapons: Vindicator & light SMG or pistol... this can also work with the Mattock

Turret 4: Increase shield and damage 30%
Turret 5: Upgrade turret with Armor piercing ammo to do 100% damage to armor
Turret 6: Upgrade turret with a flamethrower

Incinerate 4: Increase damage 30%
Incinerate 5: Increase damage by 50% over 8 seconds
Incinerate 6: Increase damage to chilled targets

Cryo Blast 4: Increase duration by 60%
Cryo Blast 5: Increase damage to chilled and frozen targets by 10%
Cryo Blast 6: Increase damage to chilled and frozen targets by 15% and weaken armor

Alliance 4: Increase power damage by 10%, weight capacity by 20%

Summary - I rarely use this class, mainly because it doesn't have something to deal with shields and barriers. Cryo & Incinerate work especially, especially when Incinerate is setup to do damage to chilled targets.

But the turret is relatively weak compared to other Engineer abilities and since every enemy type has someone with a shield or barrier, it makes using this class somewhat pointless.

I use this on Bronze games, where you see less protected enemies. But it's really not a silver or gold character.

Also, I throw in the Vindicator, simply out of boredom. Had to use the gun somewhere!
jloco11

Salarian Engineer - This class never changes, not even the colors I put on the dude. Since this is my "gold farming" class, I rarely use this setup in silver matches since I like to set the class up for gold run matches. Decoy is my top priority.

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#22KLGRDH9@9
Weapons: Saber & any light SMG or pistol

Energy Drain 4: Increase damage by 30%
Energy Drain 5: Increase shield restoration by 50%
Energy Drain 6: Increase damage by 40%

Decoy 4: Increase duration by 40%
Decoy 5: Shock enemies for 100 points with a 2.5 meter radius
Decoy 6: Increase shields and duration by 50%

Incinerate 4: Increase damage by 30%

Operative 4: Increase power damage by 10%, increase weight capacity by 20%
Operative 5: Increase headshot damage by 20%
Operative 6: Increase weapon damage by 10%

Summary - Since this class is really only used for Gold, the ideal setup puts points into damage from the Saber. Decoy will last long enough for you to put enough headshots into Geth for high damage.

Energy Drain is also meant for high damage output since you need to kill shit whenever you can. Spamming the power on Gold doesn't do nearly as much damage, so there was no need for a light gun. Saber does more damage over time, and outweighs a weaker gun built for speedy shots.

Incinerate is not used often, hence not a large investment in points.

But the most important upgrade is the headshot bonus under operative. Since the saber is very accurate, that makes for a great combo.
jloco11

Geth Engineer - This is another extremely versatile class, and very hard to choose which powers are the most important to develop. There are a number of ways to rank up your Engineer, but this is the most basic one I choose.

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#23KKGLDD9\9
Weapons: Geth Pulse Rifle & Geth Plasma SMG

Geth Turret 4: Increase damage and shield by 40%
Geth Turret 5: Increase damage to armor by 50%
Geth Turret 6: Upgrade turret with a flamethrower

Hunter Mode 4: Increase recharge speed of powers by 20%
Hunter Mode 5: Increase power damage by 20%
Hunter Mode 6: Increase movement speed by 10%, increase vision range by 50%

Overload 4: Hit 1 additional target within 8 meters for 60% less damage
Overload 5: Incapacitate weaker organic enemies longer

Network AI 4: Increase weapon damage 7.5%
Network AI 5: Increase power damage by 10%
Network AI 6: Increase weapon damage by 10%, increase Geth weapon damage 5%

Summary - Hunter mode is your top priority above all else. Being able to see enemies from a distance, including invisible enemies will be one of the most helpful powers in the entire game. Having a speed boost without using an adrenaline mod should also come in handy.

The turret is not going to net a number of kills, but it will bring in a plenty of assists and annoy enemies to leach points from teammates. Overload will do the same thing.

Since the Geth Pulse rifle is extremely light, you won't need to invest in weapon weight boosts. The addition of Geth weapon damage will make this gun extremely useful over the long run.

Although the Geth have the lowest health of any character (much higher shield), you will be sacrificing a health upgrade to rank up Overload. If you rather have the health, sacrifice Overload Evo 4 & 5 and place them in Fitness.
jloco11

Postby jloco11 » Tue May 29, 2012 5:19 pm

Quarian Male Engineer - This is my sure fire loadout every single time, including the weapon. The weapon I keep on him really determines the powers I use, so if you use a different weapon, this loadout might not have the same affect.

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes ... NDB9@0FE@@
Weapons: Harrier & any SMG with lightweight material

Tactical Scan 4: Increase all weapon damage to target by 7.5%
Tactical Scan 5: Increase headshot damage by 25%
Tactical Scan 6: Increase duration 100%, reveal enemies within a 20 meter radius

Incinerate 4: Increase damage 30%

Arc Nade 4: Increase damage 30%
Arc Nade 5: Increase max capacity
Acr Nade 6: Increase damage to Armor 75%

Defender 4: Increase weapon damage 7.5%
Defender 5: Increase headshot damage 20%
Defender 6: Increase weapon damage 10%

Summary - This class is all about the Harrier. Probably the most deadly assault rifle in the game in the right hands. Due to the weight of the Harrier, it's not ideal for weapon spamming, so putting it on a class that can do major damage is the best option. Since this Engineer plays more like a soldier, it's your best bet. Without a turret and some powerful grenades, the ideal loadout is similar to a Soldier than a regular Engineer.

Tactical Scan is only necessary for harder enemies. You can mark mid level enemies, but you want to save this for Brutes, Primes, Atlas, Banshees & Phantoms. Although power damage will do more work, you have no spammable powers. And if you can't depend on teammates, you can depend on your Harrier, so go with weapon damage.

One thing to note is that Atlas and Prime do not take "headshot" damage. Atlas' cockpit is vulnerable, but not like a headshot. Prime's headshot damage was removed.

Arc grenades are set for power and spam. You have the choice of going after Armor or Shields, but I chose armor. Armor is much harder to take down, so doing the most damage against armor seems logical. Tech's can eliminate shields easy, but can't do much against armor, so that was my logic.

Incinerate isn't going to be used as much as your Harrier, so reducing weapon weight isn't going to help make it a spammable power. Your best bet is to work on weapon damage instead of weight reductions or recharge speeds.
jloco11

Return to Mass Effect