Mass Effect 3 Demo

Mass Effect 3 Demo

Postby Musashi1596 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:39 pm

What are your thoughts on the demo? Just finished it and I really liked it. The cover system seems to have been refined a little, transitions are more fluid. The new strong melee attack is pretty cool, as are some of the new weapons (IE the semiautomatic rifle). The new skill trees look promising, nice to be able to develop abilities tailored to each squadmate rather than just being able to choose between power or range at the last tier. Most exciting, it looks like squadmates are going to play more prominent roles in the missions, which is great.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Mass Effect 3 Demo

Postby jloco11 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:29 pm

I will be all over co-op during the demo because that shit was fun!

For SP, I was still having the occasional "lock" on cover and trying to reposition, I would roll out of cover and get shit. Annoying, but I'll adjust.

Still can't turn while running. How is something so simple in other 3P games not easy here???

Combat feels improved. ME2 was completely stagnant (move to a corner of win, put Grunt up front with a shotty and shoot until everything is dead). Now you see the enemies moving on you a bit more, especially in co-op!

Melee is only going to work against husks and what not. Not really gonna punch people that have guns, since this is not Uncharted! Nice to see it added, don't see it as a game changer.

I like how you can get shot from behind cover now and how health doesn't regenerate anymore. ME2 I was picking up medigel and basically getting money all the time. Now, medigel will be important since only the shield regenerates... health doesn't!

I noticed Liara firing off Singularity a ton in the game. Will have to change the options to only use powers when I tell them. A number of times she was firing that shit at nothing in particular and wasting valuable powers.
jloco11

Postby Musashi1596 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:57 pm

I haven't tried co-op yet, looking forward to it though. I did notice Liara using Singularity a lot, but she seemed to gravitate more towards Warp once I unlocked it for her.
I did actually use the melee quite a bit against gun toting enemies without any real trouble, but I imagine that will change on Insanity. Never used Grunt in combat in ME2 either, as my Shepard was a soldier I never saw the need for keeping another in the squad. Which is a shame because I really like Garrus.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby jloco11 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:49 pm

Grunt worked for me on Insanity (especially the husks). Use him as a tank and keep him in the front to absorb bullets. Allowed me to hit headshots on people for days. Combine with Miranda, who could eliminate Shields and Barriers (only weakness was not eliminating armor, but you had bullet powers for those).

I used all the characters on my normal run throughs and I did 4 overall, so I knew what was coming most of the time. I did Regular Male Vanguard, Regular Female Infiltrator, Regular Male Soldier Paragon and Insanity Male Soldier. I knew which characters to pick for what missions after a while, haha.

Co-op is pretty good, I think much harder than SP. SP obviously compensates for only 1 human, controlling 2 AI teammates. Co-op assumes 4 people should know their shit. So the enemies and intelligence of the AI is ramped up big time. Wait until you're the last person alive against an Engineer, Phantom, Atlas & Centurion! That doesn't make sense now, but when it happens you'll shit bricks.
jloco11

Postby thebigb59 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:41 pm

jloco11 wrote:Grunt worked for me on Insanity (especially the husks). Use him as a tank and keep him in the front to absorb bullets. Allowed me to hit headshots on people for days. Combine with Miranda, who could eliminate Shields and Barriers (only weakness was not eliminating armor, but you had bullet powers for those).

I used all the characters on my normal run throughs and I did 4 overall, so I knew what was coming most of the time. I did Regular Male Vanguard, Regular Female Infiltrator, Regular Male Soldier Paragon and Insanity Male Soldier. I knew which characters to pick for what missions after a while, haha.

Co-op is pretty good, I think much harder than SP. SP obviously compensates for only 1 human, controlling 2 AI teammates. Co-op assumes 4 people should know their shit. So the enemies and intelligence of the AI is ramped up big time. Wait until you're the last person alive against an Engineer, Phantom, Atlas & Centurion! That doesn't make sense now, but when it happens you'll shit bricks.

they will be no match for my Korgan :)
thebigb59
Major 2
Major 2

Postby Musashi1596 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:44 pm

thebigb59 wrote:
jloco11 wrote:Grunt worked for me on Insanity (especially the husks). Use him as a tank and keep him in the front to absorb bullets. Allowed me to hit headshots on people for days. Combine with Miranda, who could eliminate Shields and Barriers (only weakness was not eliminating armor, but you had bullet powers for those).

It won't be the same as playing on easy mode :mrgreen:
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby nemsis66 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:29 pm

After playing Uncharted nearly all week it didn't look as smooth or as good but still unloved and can't wait to get a copy
nemsis66
Brigadier 2
Brigadier 2

Postby thebigb59 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:06 pm

Musashi1596 wrote:
thebigb59 wrote:

It won't be the same as playing on easy mode :mrgreen:

Korgan is easy mode :)
thebigb59
Major 2
Major 2

Postby Wolffie » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:08 pm

I'm passing on the demo, I played the shit out of ME2 though. I will definitely be buying it.

I hope I get the chance to get in Miranda's pants again.
http://www.techsection.org
A technology forums founded by me, featuring sections for computer hardware and software, science, politics, music, and more. Check it out, if you please.
Wolffie
Private
Private

Return to Mass Effect