Introducing CrossFire Commentaries! Need testers

Introducing CrossFire Commentaries! Need testers

Postby jloco11 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:45 pm

Oh the shitstorm this will create has the potential to be glorious!

FIRST REQUEST: I need a custom thumbnail created for youtube videos. Nothing fancy, just literally a thumbail that can say Cross Fire Commentary on it, no designs or graphics or anything. The thumbnail isn't going to be seen by anyone, it's merely to fuck with the participants.

SECOND REQUEST: I need 6 volunteers who are able and capable of doing commentaries for youtube. Ideally, you will either have 5 HFC videos at a minimum submitted or 500 posts on PGz. Either one is enough to qualify for this project.... AND, all banned HFC people are eligible for this. EP, SugarSugar, Goob and A7 can get in on these videos and the test group if they qualify. - COMPLETED

Concept: Obviously people know I do HFC videos, and some of you may remember Reverse Hip Fire Commentaries from a few years ago... the idea was that I give my gameplay to people to do random commentaries. Didn't pan out, and my variety of gaming only goes so far.

HOWEVER, the best way to source videos, is from my viewers themselves. Here's how it will work... I want a test group of 6 people who've been around the block long enough to know how this works. You will be supplying a video for the series, and in return, you will receive a video from 1 of the other participants and will do a HFC style video to be submitted to the series. As you know, the idea is simple... do not preview the video, do not edit the commentary in any way as you only get 1 chance to do the commentary... fuck ups and all included. As you will find out, this shit is MUCH harder than you can ever imagine. Just ask the people who attempted this years ago to see how fucked up this idea really is.

After you complete the commentary, you return it to me to be posted on (hopefully) the PrestigeGamerz youtube channel, in which I will be heavily promoting when the project is completed. I'll probably do a preview video on my channel of the 6 videos, and people will see the full videos on PGz.

All I need for now, is volunteers.... I don't need videos just yet, I just need a test group first of people who are willing to try this out.
jloco11

Re: Introducing CrossFire Commentaries! Need testers

Postby jloco11 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:46 pm

Details: For the 6 participants who are chosen, this is a concise rundown of the rules & steps to the series:

- Upload a video to your youtube channel no longer than 8 minutes (yes, 8 minute time limit this time) as Unlisted
- Use the custom thumbnail (which will be posted here when I have one) for your video to prevent people from seeing what game they are receiving
- Send me the unlisted video link via private message here on PGz. DO NOT POST THE VIDEO PUBLICLY ON THE FORUM. Remember, you want to surprise other commentators.
- After I see what games you're submitting and if you've followed the rules, I will send you the link to someone else's video
- Download the video using keepvid.com. NOTE, the custom thumbnail, is meant to prevent you from seeing a screencap of the game in the preview pane on Keepvid. Yes, I thought ahead to make sure you motherfuckers don't get any previews or hints
- After you have the video, you can do the commentary for it following the HFC rules. No previews, no editing, no retries. You get 1 chance at making magic!
- Render the video with the commentary and upload to youtube unlisted again (no need for the thumbnail on this upload)
- Send me the private link to that video.... and then you're finished! You'll see the project at hand when I post all the videos up
jloco11

Postby jloco11 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:49 pm

Things to Know

- There is no restriction on what kind of video you can send... it only has to be an 8 minute video from a recording device. You can send in the most fucked up video in the world, you can send in Call of Duty, or Kinect Bowling. Doesn't matter to me since I am not doing the commentary this time around :mrgreen:

- The more fucked up video you send, the more fucked up a video you will receive in return! If you send in Techno Kitty and someone sends in the Stanley Parable... guess what, you're getting the most fucked up video available! I could even be a dick and send you your OWN video you sent in! So keep in mind, if you want to fuck with someone, I have the final say in who fucks over who!

- You're subjecting yourself to Youtube by entering. More specifically, my subscribers who will most likely watch the videos and scrutinize your commentaries. Ideally, you want to be able to mentally and emotionally deal with criticism outside of your own channels. It's great exposure for you as a commentator, but you're dealing with the internet after all. Be prepared for assholes to troll your commentary.

- HFC videos are NOT easy.... not by a long shot. I've done over 220 of them, so I'm prepared for just about anything and have become comfortable doing any kind of video. You guys will most likely being doing this kind of video for the first time. I'll be honest, because I am a cruel motherfucker.... I can't wait until the feedback AFTER you guys do the commentary talking about how difficult the concept is. It sounds easy, but it's far from it.

- My long term goal is to make this series something ANYONE can facilitate. Obviously I will start the process and work out the logistics of send in the videos and what not, but basically I am the middle man. You guys are doing the commentary work, and all I am doing is downloading and uploading. The role of being the facilitator, can be passed to anyone at any time in the future and multiple people. Basically, you collect videos and distribute them, so if this video series works out in the way I hope, I would want others to take a crack at the role that I am doing now. Doesn't have to be full time, doesn't have to be all the time... but every now and then, I want to see others take on this role.
jloco11

Postby a3grlmreaper » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:55 pm

I'll sign up for this
a3grlmreaper
Captain
Captain

Postby jloco11 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:09 pm

a3grlmreaper wrote:I'll sign up for this

I figured you would be down for this! I'm guessing A7, TreeHugger & NeoRoman will be the others that will join you... those are my guesses so far who will subject themselves to my cruelty.
jloco11

Postby Sugarsugar » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:26 pm

mmm. Debating whether or not I should participate in this. For one thing, I've never commentated on a video before. Hell, I wouldn't even recognise my own voice even after it was recorded and played back to me.

Being able to send in an interested video (that's not fucked up) is tempting though....
Sugarsugar
Sergeant 3
Sergeant 3

Postby jloco11 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:31 pm

Sugarsugar wrote:mmm. Debating whether or not I should participate in this. For one thing, I've never commentated on a video before. Hell, I wouldn't even recognise my own voice even after it was recorded and played back to me.

Being able to send in an interested video (that's not fucked up) is tempting though....

Do you have 5 HFC videos yet? You're under the 500 post mark, so unless you have 5 videos submit, you're not going to be eligible for the test group.

The good news though is that if this idea takes off, you'd be eligible for future XFC videos!
jloco11

Postby Sugarsugar » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:42 pm

jloco11 wrote:Do you have 5 HFC videos yet? You're under the 500 post mark, so unless you have 5 videos submit, you're not going to be eligible for the test group.

Yes (just about). Ninja Gaiden, Hotline Miami, Cod 2. The Stanley Parable and Metal Gear Rising.
Still deciding. I'll get back to you :?:
Sugarsugar
Sergeant 3
Sergeant 3

Postby a3grlmreaper » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:52 pm

The thumbnail plan is good, but if your channel isn't monetized, YouTube doesn't allow custom thumbnails.

If you don't need anything fancy, this should work
http://gyazo.com/55f0ea9a0e637904f5cad4b1b5fa1c93

EDIT: If that is too small, this one is bigger http://gyazo.com/251bcb1ca2227fa183955addfb026c32
a3grlmreaper
Captain
Captain

Postby jdot07 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:23 pm

- Edit -
jdot07

Next

Return to Community Events