PS Vita

PS Vita

Postby dazzafett » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:38 pm

Anyone else got the PS Vita yet.
Managed to get my hands on one for Free and i have to say i would easily have paid for it ones i had seen it in action.
Great bit of kit i have to say.

Just started playing Uncharted which is awesome so far. Have also downloaded a few of the cheap games to see how they are. Will Report back once i have had a chance to play them all.
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Re: PS Vita

Postby deathbynumbers » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:48 pm

I have one, I'll add a bit more info later. Slayerboi has one too.

How did you get it for free? And did you get the pre-order pack as I have codes for Frobisher says and the avatar/home items if you want them?
deathbynumbers

Postby dazzafett » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:55 pm

No i just got the standard Wifi after the release date so no codes for free stuff but any going spare would be more than welcome.

I got it for free by cashing in a ton of internet reward points i have accumulated over the past few years :-)

BTW the games i have are Uncharted, Plants Vs Zombies, Mutant Blobs and A-Men.
Only tried Uncharted so far.
Can you recommend any other Must Have games?
Last edited by dazzafett on Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Postby deathbynumbers » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:56 pm

Cool, I'll pass on the codes later. I bought the wifi/3G model it cost me about £40-60.
deathbynumbers

Postby deathbynumbers » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:28 pm

Sent the codes for you as a PM.

The 3G came with Uncharted and Wipeout 2048, both amazing games. I traded in Uncharted though for £30 as I bought it from the PSN store for 79p (they uploaded the full game as the map pack, sony are letting us keep it). I also bought Escape Plan (with a £5 discount), great game, good in short bursts and brilliant use of the touchscreen/pad but wouldn't recommend for £9.99. I bought Super Star Dust Delta for £1.59 (another £5 discount) and it too is great.

Motorstorm RC is well worth the £4.79 price, it's a lot of fun for such a small price and can be played on your ps3 too.

Apart from that I have the free games - fireworks, cliff diver or something and frobisher says which I sent you a code for (haven't played any of them).

Finally I bought a few games as pre-orders from Amazon for £5.96 which I never thought would ship but did; Rayman Origins (really good game) and Dungeon Hunter (awful, sold for £25).

Vita cost me so little because I bought some games from PC World/Currys for 97p each, spent £40 and traded them in for £246 ;)
deathbynumbers

Postby dazzafett » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:18 pm

Cheers for the codes DBN
I'm thinking of buying the following games in the next few weeks
Unit 13
Lego Harry Potter
Wipeout 2048
Little Big Planet.

By all accounts the Lego and LBP are diff from the PS3 versions so worth taking a look if your a fan of those series.

Think I will get motor storm RC for that price
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Postby dazzafett » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:29 am

Thanks for the Motorstorm RC recommendation DBN. I am loving it and find it a very addictive and fun game i have to say.

Also i found out that if you buy it for the Vita you also get the PS3 version for free as well so i have installed it on both to have a comparison.
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Postby dazzafett » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:21 am

Have managed to get 3 medals in all Festival events now on Motorstorm RC and am currently working to shave off vital seconds from each event to bring my overall event time down to below 40 mins as thats the last trophy for the Platinum.
Its not bloody easy tho and is a real challenge, but very enjoyable indeed i have to say.
Its so much fun that for the few quid extra i think i will download the 2 DLCs afterwards as well.
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Postby deathbynumbers » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:40 pm

Told you it was good ;) I just don't get enough time to play like I used to. Nearly finished uncharted though, should be able to plat that fairly soon I imagine.
deathbynumbers

Postby dazzafett » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:49 am

Managed to Plat Motorstorm RC this morning. Its by no means an easy Plat thanks to having to get your overall Festival time down to below 40mins but its a great game to play every now and then as the events are all short. You just gotta keep chipping away and shave off the odd second here and there.
Think i will deffo get the two DLCs for this as well as its a great game to pick up and play for a few mins at a time.

I am going to start on Uncharted now tho i also have Mutant Blobs attack, Plants Vs Zombies and A-men to play as well.
Am going to wait until i have got all the Trohpies for that lot before buying any more new games tho as hopefully the prices may have dropped a bit by then.

I quite Fancy getting Unit 13 and Wipeout 2048 at some point tho not at the full price.
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Next

Return to Mobile Gaming