n00b question here

Console Talk and XBOX Exclusive Games

n00b question here

Postby gigitygigity » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:04 am

Ok, so I'm thinking of coming over to the darkside as the one game I actually play all year is an absolute pile of excrement on the PS3.

So with that in mind. Do I need a a bigger HDD than a 4gig one? I notice the price difference is significant but not would get a larger one if it meant constantly loading textures etc for the one game I'll probably be playing.
gigitygigity

Re: n00b question here

Postby deathbynumbers » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:40 pm

4gb is too small, one of big Xbox features is installing games fully to hdd, which you won't be able to do with 4gb, now you could add a 32gb flas drive if you wanted or put in your own 2.5" hdd (has to be a certain size/make to accept the firmware). If I were you I'd either not buy one (never use mine) or buy a 250gb slim I see some good deals all the time, I'll let you know if I see any.
deathbynumbers

Postby gigitygigity » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:54 pm

deathbynumbers wrote:4gb is too small, one of big Xbox features is installing games fully to hdd, which you won't be able to do with 4gb, now you could add a 32gb flas drive if you wanted or put in your own 2.5" hdd (has to be a certain size/make to accept the firmware). If I were you I'd either not buy one (never use mine) or buy a 250gb slim I see some good deals all the time, I'll let you know if I see any.

Ok, thanks that was what I needed to know. If I need another HDD anyway, may as well go for a 250 or something.
gigitygigity

Postby GoD_GraveDancer » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:25 pm

gigitygigity wrote:
deathbynumbers wrote:4gb is too small, one of big Xbox features is installing games fully to hdd, which you won't be able to do with 4gb, now you could add a 32gb flas drive if you wanted or put in your own 2.5" hdd (has to be a certain size/make to accept the firmware). If I were you I'd either not buy one (never use mine) or buy a 250gb slim I see some good deals all the time, I'll let you know if I see any.

Ok, thanks that was what I needed to know. If I need another HDD anyway, may as well go for a 250 or something.

Totally agree here. Installing fully to the HD is a must on games like this.

There is a huge difference in the CoD series between the two consoles, but dont think that XBOX is golden. I still experience some lag etc, but the game is much more enjoyable on the 360.
GoD_GraveDancer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby dazzafett » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:27 am

Dont forget to factor in that you will also need to subscribe to XBox live to play COD online.
I got an Xbox earlier in the year as i wanted the Ltd Ed R2D2 one but i am still yet to actually play on it LOL
I might considering getting Blops 2 on Xbox as well at some point if it does not improve on the PS3 tho i still have lots of other games i want to catch up on anyway so could end up not bothering.

BTW does anyone know what the Xbox community is like for the older CODs now going all the way back to COD4?
Are they all still active enough to get some decent games on them or are they also infested with Glitchers and cheats like the PS3 ones seem to be?
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Postby GoD_GraveDancer » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:41 pm

dazzafett wrote:
BTW does anyone know what the Xbox community is like for the older CODs now going all the way back to COD4?
Are they all still active enough to get some decent games on them or are they also infested with Glitchers and cheats like the PS3 ones seem to be?

I actually played some COD4 on there a couple months back. Its wasnt bad. The two games that do have some hackers are COD4 and WaW, but its not much. I havent played MW2 on it in a while, so cant comment on that one. Blops1 is fine also.
GoD_GraveDancer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby haydnexport » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:08 pm

I have ordered and should have my xbox by tuesday , gamer tag will be HaydnExport , but due to a account fuck up , i will be on kavanExport for a few weeks while mine gets migrated from america to uk.
http://haydnexport.mybrute.com
haydnexport
Colonel 2
Colonel 2

Return to XBox 360