Warfighter MP list of bugs

Warfighter MP list of bugs

Postby gigitygigity » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:47 am

Now, bear in mind I have probably about 14 hours playing this.

Reloading;
Sometime the animation works with sound, no problem,
Sometimes it has no sound,
Sometimes you just end up with more bullets, no sound nor animation

Spawns;
I've spawned under the map on half a dozen occasions, nowhere to go but down to your death.
I've spawned falling from the sky into no-mans land and died.
I've spawned in a hole more or less, with no way out and had my buddy spawn on top of me. Only way out, suicide.
They have kind of a spawn protection where you can't spawn on your buddy if he's in danger, so you chose 'Fallback' Spawn at a safe location. Only you take 2 steps and get shot in the arse. May as well of spawned on my buddy and given him a hand if I was going to die anyway!

Lag;
I'm not sure where the EU servers are located, but it's not often I recognise any of the languages being spoken in the pre match lobby and insta-death matches I thought were a COD exclusive have made it into this game as well.

Graphics;
This one was a doozy, I was playing Sector Control on the mountain map and then at least half of my screen turned white, didn't matter where I looked it followed me, it seemed like I had a large white A3 size piece of paper direct in my field of view. It went away when I died. Only had that the once thankfully.
Also, I know my eyes aren't the best, but sometimes it's really hard to see enemies, even with colour assist. And the enemy that gets the aura it's impossible to tell whether he's one side of a wall or the other.

Hardcore;
If you search for a 'Quick match' you can get thrown into a HC match. Not a problem in it's self. But in HC there is now way to tell if you've killed someone or not. No graphic with xp awarded nor any killfeed with your name <> method of death <> their name. This can be a problem when you kill someone and they more or less remain where they were. You can't tell they're dead so you waste time putting more shots into them when you don't need too.

Class/weapons changes;
You can not change your class setups, weapons etc between rounds. You have to quit the party to do it, or do it during the game, which obviously takes you out of the action. There is a minute timer between matches and yet you're forced to sit there doing nothing, when I could be changing optics or the muzzle option on the gun I want to use.
Also, if you select a class at the start of the round and switch to another while the match is in progress you go to the new class upon your death. But should you die again, you're back to the class you had when the match started. Maybe, that's not a bug and I'm doing something wrong? Don't know. To me it looks like a bug.

Server disconnects;
I've been disconnected from the server on several occasions. Generally when I'm doing better (go figure). But it also happened twice when I was deploying the Bipod on a heavy machine gun. Not sure if that's related or not as it's happened when there's been no bipod too deploy. Still, it makes me wonder.

No gun on respawn;
Got this one last night. Spawn weaponless. A quick switch to secondary and back fixes it. But, a bug is a bug.

Sound effects;
In general they are fairly poor. Sometimes you get sounds like gunfire when firing a gun most of the time you get a little pooping sound. This is an unsilenced weapon of course. Also I have a fairly good headset with the astros mixamp attached and I still can't pick up what direction the gunfire is coming from. In fact, MOH did a deal with Astros, like a partnership thing and there isn't even and audio option for headset which is just baffling.

It's a real shame as I really wanted this game to work. I thought this could be my new thing instead of another year of playing COD. But if this was a COD game with this many bugs BF fans boys would be doing the dance of joy at the moment and rightly so. It's hard to fathom how a game could be released with so many flaws. For me it's impossible not to compare MOH/BF with COD. They're all Modern warfare FPS. But I've never played a COD with this many bugs. design flaws maybe, noobish perks? Yes. But genuine flaws where things just don't work or are broken? Never.

Like I said. I've only played about 14 hours of this so I'm sure I'll come across a few more in time. This game is in serious need of a hot fix.
gigitygigity

Re: Warfighter MP list of bugs

Postby Musashi1596 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:57 pm

...You say that like CoD games aren't riddled with bugs on release.

I mean, don't get me wrong. I'm not a fanboy, and the bugs listed here are clearly not excusable and should not be in the game. But some CoD games I've played before they were patched have been the most broken things I've ever played... And I've played unfinished games. Namely Black Ops. Try playing that without a patch installed and it was quite obviously released in an unfinished state.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby gigitygigity » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:25 pm

Musashi1596 wrote:...You say that like CoD games aren't riddled with bugs on release.

I mean, don't get me wrong. I'm not a fanboy, and the bugs listed here are clearly not excusable and should not be in the game. But some CoD games I've played before they were patched have been the most broken things I've ever played... And I've played unfinished games. Namely Black Ops. Try playing that without a patch installed and it was quite obviously released in an unfinished state.

Not sure I had problems like this on Blops. Sure connectivity and matchmaking was poor. But the actual mechanics of the game? Graphics were poor and never got better, so can only assume that was by design. Spawns were ok in Blops, but none like MOH. My niggest issue though is I thought this would be an improvement on MOH 2010 and if anything, it's worse.
gigitygigity

Postby Musashi1596 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:33 pm

gigitygigity wrote:
Musashi1596 wrote:...You say that like CoD games aren't riddled with bugs on release.

Not sure I had problems like this on Blops. Sure connectivity and matchmaking was poor. But the actual mechanics of the game? Graphics were poor and never got better, so can only assume that was by design. Spawns were ok in Blops, but none like MOH. My niggest issue though is I thought this would be an improvement on MOH 2010 and if anything, it's worse.
To give a couple of examples. Local multiplayer was evidently unfinished; you couldn't even customise your matches. Like, you couldn't change the time limit, or point limit. It was possible to start the game with nothing equipped on your class, which for some reason, meant you couldn't sprint and your walking speed gradually decreased. Plus on a comical note if you tried to crawl anywhere, you looked like you were moonwalking to other players. Seriously.

But yeah, after the relatively mediocre reception to the last MOH game you would have thought that they'd have tried to ensure that this worked properly straight out of the box, especially as they don't have the 'dual developer' fallback this time.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby dahawk » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:42 pm

this is what happens when you don't have a public beta. MoH 2010 was a crappy game but it had less issues. The gaming market these days...
dahawk

Postby gigitygigity » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:33 pm

dahawk wrote:this is what happens when you don't have a public beta. MoH 2010 was a crappy game but it had less issues. The gaming market these days...

It had a public beta but on the xBox.
gigitygigity

Postby EpicPineapple » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:05 pm

b playing it must be a bug
EpicPineapple
Sergeant 3
Sergeant 3

Postby dahawk » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:31 pm

gigitygigity wrote:
dahawk wrote:this is what happens when you don't have a public beta. MoH 2010 was a crappy game but it had less issues. The gaming market these days...

lol you shouldn't be allowed to call that a beta. What was it, 3 weeks before release?
dahawk

Postby gigitygigity » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:00 am

dahawk wrote:
gigitygigity wrote:

lol you shouldn't be allowed to call that a beta. What was it, 3 weeks before release?

It meant that they could release a day one patch. Everyone one was going on about how big it was. But 208MB I thought wasn't that bad!
gigitygigity

Postby gigitygigity » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:45 pm

Updated original post with a few more bugs under weapons/class and server disconnects.
gigitygigity

Next

Return to Medal of Honor