Fallout 4?

Fallout 4?

Postby coconutguy3 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:16 pm

Is there going to be a fallout 4? If there is, what would you like to see in it?
coconutguy3
Private
Private

Re: Fallout 4?

Postby Musashi1596 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:39 pm

I hope there is. My main concerns would be these:

*The Skyrim engine.
It would at least look a little nice, because Fallout's graphics are awful.
*Decent story. New Vegas had a good one but 3's was a pathetic rehash of 1 and 2's.
*More traditional settings. The environments are getting really old now, I'd like to see a return to the types of settlement seen in 1 and 2. Vault City, for example. There's pretty much nowhere in 3 and NV that actually looks reconstructed or cleaned up, even the damn Enclave base had decay everywhere. With some exceptions most areas are just unengaging. Even places with a great backstory like the vaults become dull because there's so little variety. The graphical similarity with locations eventually becomes crushingly dull.
*Half decent combat. But that won't happen because Bethesda can't make combat functional to save their life. Less bullet sponge enemy bullshit, functional weapon firing, smarter AI and better melee combat.
*Customisation. Both aesthetic and functional.
*Proper resource management. Even on Hardcore mode in NV I had a shitton of everything.
*Return to the old fashioned skill set. Your SPECIAL score doesn't really mean all that much in new titles. Was far more important to allocate your points correctly in older titles.
*Nerf VATS, maybe by reducing the amount of action points you have and their recharge rate, because that shit is crazy. But then if the combat system isn't improved then VATS is practically a necessity.
*Better weapon balance. Even the early guns should be viable weapons throughout the game. When a 10mm pistol isn't working on a regular Gecko just because you're high level, something is wrong.
*Fix the difficulty. Instant death for the PC and enemies who take several mags to go down does not make for a difficult experience, it makes for a retarded one.
Make it WORK. Because I'm sick of having to restart my console multiple times in an hour.

So it basically boils down to, make it feel less like a Bethesda game. I'm sure I'll come up with more.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby nemsis66 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:53 pm

I'm hoping the world is more like F3 to NV, didnt like NV world t all.
More customisation
Only one ending, unlike NV thats just took the piss needing to play the game 4 times to see all the endings.
More range of weapons
Maybe some old faces from other Fallout games, just a little bit older.

I'm sure i'll think of some more later
nemsis66
Brigadier 2
Brigadier 2

Postby Musashi1596 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:00 pm

nemsis66 wrote:Only one ending, unlike NV thats just took the piss needing to play the game 4 times to see all the endings.
Have to disagree with this. You don't have to play through several times to see every ending, that's a personal choice. Only having one ending, however, is forced on us, and does not reflect the multi-paved nature of Fallout whatsoever. I'd rather have the choice, and see that my actions actually influence the outcome

nemsis66 wrote:Maybe some old faces from other Fallout games, just a little bit older.

Would be nice, it has been done before after all. Harold has been in most games and it was nice to see Marcus in New Vegas.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby nemsis66 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:35 pm

I didn't like all the ending you could have and all the times you had to play to get them all
nemsis66
Brigadier 2
Brigadier 2

Postby Musashi1596 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:44 pm

nemsis66 wrote:I didn't like all the ending you could have and all the times you had to play to get them all
Watch them on YouTube if you're so reluctant to play to see them.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby nemsis66 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:08 pm

I've seen them, they were shit, made me not want to play the game like the ME3 ending. I dont mine a lot of different endings if they are good and there has been thought put into put but something you can tell this is not the case
nemsis66
Brigadier 2
Brigadier 2

Postby Musashi1596 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:09 pm

nemsis66 wrote:I've seen them, they were shit, made me not want to play the game like the ME3 ending. I dont mine a lot of different endings if they are good and there has been thought put into put but something you can tell this is not the case
I guess it was inevitable with New Vegas really. The plot was really just a straightforward factional war, nothing too original.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Bass2007 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:47 pm

so far this is all the information i can find on a new Fallout. Dont know how accurate it is but it does make sense.

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2011/0 ... -muses.htm
Bass2007
Corporal 2
Corporal 2

Postby Musashi1596 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:58 pm

Bass2007 wrote:so far this is all the information i can find on a new Fallout. Dont know how accurate it is but it does make sense.

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2011/0 ... -muses.htm
I wouldn't read too much into it. The MMO mentioned has since been cancelled.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to Fallout