New Vegas patch 1.01

New Vegas patch 1.01

Postby Musashi1596 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:35 pm

Installed it yet?

If you haven't I would advise you not to. If you have I would advise you to delete it.

It wasn't too bad before the patch, brief freezes every now and then but it was no big deal. Then 1.01 comes along and I have to hard reset twice in ten minutes. Accursed thing freezes if I even try to enter VADS. Simple press of R2 and BAM, frozen console. Currently reinstalling game data after deleting the patch. Sigh.

I know Bethesda are notorious for releasing buggy products but this is taking it to a new level. Worse at patching than even IW.
Bravo, Bethesda. Can your PS3 programmers count to potato?
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Re: New Vegas patch 1.01

Postby Emmo2gee » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:33 am

I can't count to potato :'(

(Jersey Royals FTW)
Emmo2gee
Sergeant 2
Sergeant 2

Postby dazzafett » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:17 am

That is Bad!
I had the game completely freeze just once so far although it does sometimes look like it is threatening to on occasions where it lags/jumps.

Does this mean you are unable to play the game while you are logged into PSN then if you do not install the patch?
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Postby nemsis66 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:40 am

Froze on me about 6 time in total now.
nemsis66
Brigadier 2
Brigadier 2

Postby jack_t_lad » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:46 am

I have not even started it yet so hopefully it will sort itself out before I boot it up - MOH platinum dragging on now.
jack_t_lad

Postby Gosu360 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:58 am

Musashi1596 wrote:Bravo, Bethesda. Can your PS3 programmers count to potato?

:yahoo:
Gosu360
Brigadier 2
Brigadier 2

Postby Musashi1596 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:42 am

That's correct, Dazza. I am forced to play offline to circumvent the patching process. It's still frozen a couple of times without it and slowdown is still around but it is playable at least.
It's a fantastic game but the glitches are causing problems.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby swamps » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:44 pm

to be honest the game is acting the same as it was before i installed the patch freezes a bit but every so often it locks up so i have to reboot but i can deal with that...... anyone come up against some deathclaws yet i just don't remember them being this hard to kill in fallout 3 they take loads more damage so beware if you haven't come up against any yet....
swamps
Sergeant 2
Sergeant 2

Postby Musashi1596 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:38 pm

The problems with the patch seem inconsistent; my problems are an example of how bad it can be, but some have had very few. Odd, but there you go.
As for Deathclaws... Well. Not too far in to the game, when I was about level 6, I decided to explore to the North on my way to further the quest "Heartache by the Number". It transpires that this was not a good idea. Barely managing to survive the onslaught of Cazadores and other such nasties, I finally made it to the makeshift Great Khan Camp. Which housed approximately four Deathclaws, for whom being shot in the face with my little Cowboy Repeater is simply a minor inconvenience. Damn, they can lunge far.

Suffice to say I returned to the Southern areas and the quest remains incomplete for now. But my current path is taking me extremely close to that camp...
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby swamps » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:27 pm

Musashi1596 wrote:The problems with the patch seem inconsistent; my problems are an example of how bad it can be, but some have had very few. Odd, but there you go.
As for Deathclaws... Well. Not too far in to the game, when I was about level 6, I decided to explore to the North on my way to further the quest "Heartache by the Number". It transpires that this was not a good idea. Barely managing to survive the onslaught of Cazadores and other such nasties, I finally made it to the makeshift Great Khan Camp. Which housed approximately four Deathclaws, for whom being shot in the face with my little Cowboy Repeater is simply a minor inconvenience. Damn, they can lunge far.

Suffice to say I returned to the Southern areas and the quest remains incomplete for now. But my current path is taking me extremely close to that camp...

yep not a very good idea to go any where near deathclaws ever there are a lot of them by the khan camp (by the quarry part of a side quest) i managed to kill a quite a few of them but used loads of ammo in the process regardless of being lvl 16 having decent weapons and choosing skills for V.A.T.S at the time....have kinda ignored the main quest's and am doing the side quest's as they come up like i did in fallout 3 so im finding better stuff in the process but have the distinct feeling that i have hardly scratched the surface in what i have found and done so far in vegas compared to fallout 3.....
swamps
Sergeant 2
Sergeant 2

Next

Return to Fallout