Initial impressions. [Reach]

Initial impressions. [Reach]

Postby ACx7 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:22 pm

Well it's been a little over 2 weeks since the launch of Bungies final Halo game. I have put in many hours, and have to say I have very mixed feelings for this game. There are little things ruining the experience, but there are also so many features that keep me playing. So I don't quite know what to think.

The good:
-A solid campaign with memorable characters, challenging moments, and will require a decent amount of hours to get through.
-Gorgeous visual and art direction.
-Tons of weapons to experiment with.
-Nearly endless armor configurations available for all game modes.
-A plethora of co-op features. Limitless firefight configurations.

The Bad:
-Lousy hosting and matchmaking system.
-Grenades are overpowered, and spammed as such.
-Temp ban system can get annoying. Needs to be altered so accidental betrays and lagging out of a game do not add to it.
-Frustrating, predictable moments in Campaign that could have been handled differently.

So overall it's a solid game. A welcomed entry into the Halo franchise. Certain things like the matchmaking system not letting you choose to play one specific game type, and constant host switching due to lag can get annoying. Other things like grenade spam, and the constant use of the same weapons over and over can be blamed on the community it's self, as well as the game. Bungie released an article promising change in the matchmaking system in early October. So that's one problem solved.

If you have been trying to decide whether to buy this game or not, I would advise you to at least rent it and give it a chance. It has it's frustrating moments, but then again which game doesn't? I think once they fix the matchmaking, and possibly lower the blast radius on the grenades a bit, this game will be one worth playing for months. Maybe even years as we wait for the next Halo.
ACx7
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Initial impressions. [Reach]

Postby iSnipeZz » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:38 am

It's my first Halo game and I've only played mostly multiplayer for now and I agree with you about the problems with the matchmaking and grenades. Other than that it's a great game.
iSnipeZz
Gunnery Sergeant 2
Gunnery Sergeant 2

Re: Initial impressions. [Reach]

Postby MA2Peaces » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:32 am

Fuck Armor abilities
I'm the best 14 year old ever.
http://www.youtube.com/user/marcanthonydvs
MA2Peaces
Private First Class
Private First Class

Return to Halo Reach