Zeusianism

Ax speaks, you listen

Zeusianism

Postby Axikal » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:01 pm

"Man makes religion, religion does not make man." -Karl Marx

A statement so simple... and yet... here I am at the age of 23 with a thought; a "religious" notion of what goes on in the universe. It was after reading this defining essay by Karl Marx that I had figured out where I wanted to go on my own religious path. It was simple, understandable, and rooted in nothing but imagination, an attempt at being logical, and various philosophies of my very own. It was in this spark of imagination that Zeusianism was conceived; and implemented into my life.

Before I go on, I must elaborate on the name of my "religion". Any idiot with a brain knows that "Zeus" is a Greek deity that ruled over the other Gods--wielding a thunderbolt, and symbolised by the eagle. I chose the nickname "Zeus" back in 9th grade after conceiving the name of my own metal band: "Zeus The King"; a semi-Grecian themed band (all the members were nicknamed after various Gods that corresponded with their instrument). Thus, Zeus was my new moniker. I spread it to my school papers, my signature, and finally, every internet profile I ever had. To this day, ZTK has survived in the form of written lyrics, and a special place above my last name on my signature. So it was inevitable that when I started out on making my own religious theories that I would once again attribute that moniker to my results: Zeusianism.

What is Zeusianism? It\'s a theory that we are all here to learn.
Building upon my imagination... I thought about the way our galaxy is put together: Planets in a circular orbit; a flaming gas ball in the center. It was then that an idea hit me, and I ran with it. Imagine--if you will--a chemistry set. You will have various tools scattered about your table where everything is set up... but the most pivotal piece is your bunson burner: your fire. Fire has helped advance human civilisation from the stone age to the various ages to follow. Fire has been the source of life, heat, and cooked food. So why not our galaxy? Why not the Sun? Maybe, our galaxy is but an experiment. But by whom? Well, a god I would sumrise. That\'s right: "A" god.
It would be odd to expect one infinitesmal being to scatter itself around the universe conducting experiments on its own; despite all prior thoughts being odd in and of themselves. So I then conceived the theory (based off of Buddhism) that mankind does not life but one life... but many. We are reincarnated after we die, and return to Earth in another form. Originally, this idea occured to me due to my feelings that living one life is just too depressing to imagine. I want to experience more; all; everything! So why couldn\'t I? Why couldn\'t that possibility exist?! Maybe it does.
With every reincarnation, we retain a small fraction of the things we\'ve learned in that lifetime--which pools itself in a singular collective consciousness--and we continue to be reborn... until we have learned all that is possible to learn in existence. It is then that we achieve a level of "ascension"; we become... A God.

So what of other galaxies? Experiments run by "Gods". Some planets are successes (Earth; life), while others are failures (Jupiter, Pluto, Venus, et cetera). Some never make it to the planet "phase" and become stars. While other experiments may have just been scrapped halfway through--or destroyed; asteroids, moons, et cetera.

And what of the human race? Does "God" care? Honestly, I couldn\'t answer that question. "God" is a being that I really couldn\'t fathom outside my limitless imaginations. Maybe it is possible for a deity to take pity, or feel kindness towards our race. It\'s also possible that "God" is merely a creator, not an instigator. All I know is, I do occasionally pray to "God". In my case (out of sheer levity) I named "Milky Way\'s God": "Sentient Being 72" (a parody of The Flying Spaghetti Monster and Xenu).

According to Zeusianism: "Mankind has but one purpose: To explain life. To ponder existence. To learn, understand, and adapt to the mysteries of life and the universe."
"Mankind has no reason to quarrel over differences in religious, social, or political beliefs. There\'s no proof one party is inherently right; all opinions are ad hominem and based solely on perspective. Therefore: One\'s own personal beliefs should never impose upon another\'s. This is to interfere with their learning, their understanding, and their essence."
"If one does choose to quarrel; one should do so with a modicum of intellectual attitude. Logic and reasoning are allies to the expanding, accepting mind--and are key to furthering one\'s understanding of the universe."
"Choose to think for yourself first, before thinking about what others may expect you to think. An individual opinion is far stronger than a mass collective of like-minded people who lack the ability to think on their own."
"Share your ideas with the crowd. Regardless of the outcome, the interaction will enhance your experiences, and give you new perspectives; or even unlock new potentialities."

In closing, I feel that one\'s religion should empower a person, not smother or de-humanize them. When I pray, I pray for the well-being of other people; never for selfish gain. I try to seek out knowledge, and learn as much as I am able in this form I have taken. This is Zeusianism: A religion, a philosophical view on life... A silly concoction of a material being.

It is an example of free, individualised thought.

What do YOU believe, and why?

Axikal
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3

Re: Zeusianism

Postby RenegadeMavrick » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:19 pm

Sounds like you were looking for a religion, browsed around the Internet, stumbled across that and said "yep, that\'ll do; I\'ll pick that one".

... Theory.
RenegadeMavrick
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Zeusianism

Postby Axikal » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:39 pm

[quote="RenegadeMavrick":2qofthuq]Sounds like you were looking for a religion, browsed around the Internet, stumbled across that and said "yep, that\'ll do; I\'ll pick that one".
... Theory.[/quote]
Too bad there doesn\'t exist a "religion" like mine. Nothing recognised, as far as I\'m aware 8)

Axikal
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3

Return to Legendary Words