Comic Criticisms | A Rebuttal To Twilight

Ax speaks, you listen

Comic Criticisms | A Rebuttal To Twilight

Postby Axikal » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:51 pm

The following quotes are from the comic strip "Calvin & Hobbes". My intention of posting them is to simply create a more refined (and pop culture related) refutal of Stephanie Meyer\'s work, "The Twilight Saga":

"I used to hate writing assignments, but now I enjoy them. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!"
Meyer overuses adjectives, and weak metaphors/allusions to fluff her work up. Repetition and redundancy fetter the "work" and convolute what would\'ve simply been a lukewarm attempt at writing.

“I used to make original snowmen, but it was time consuming, hard work. So I said, heck, this is crazy! Now I crank out crude imitations of what’s already popular! It takes no time or thought, and most people don’t care about the difference, anyway! And what good is originality if you can’t crank it out?â€

Axikal
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3

Re: Comic Criticisms | A Rebuttal To Twilight

Postby badger2theface » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:51 am

Your hatred for Twilight warms my heart.
badger2theface
Sergeant 2
Sergeant 2

Re: Comic Criticisms | A Rebuttal To Twilight

Postby Musashi1596 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:31 pm

[quote="badger2theface":1rznt5mf]Your hatred for Twilight warms my heart.[/quote]Trust me, you\'ll find plenty of it here...
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Legendary Words