Why I'm Bashing You

Ax speaks, you listen

Why I'm Bashing You

Postby Axikal » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:59 am

I\'ve made quite a few topics based on comedic concepts and lambasted quite a few people and types of people on here. But I think a few people seem to not grasp exactly WHY they\'re getting the verbal ass whooping I\'m dishing out. Let\'s look at a few scenarios:

Scenario A: You\'re Using Juggernaut With a Bolt Action Rifle --- Snipers don\'t need more health. The purpose of a sniper is to be concealed and kill quickly. Since all B.A.Rs have a damage factor that results in two shots needed for a kill, Stopping Power is a NECESSITY when using a B.A.R; effectively anyway. An exception can be made if you\'re using Overkill to give yourself a SMG for a second start off weapon.

Scenario B: You\'re Using Martyrdom. Ever. --- Martyrdom works only if you die. So to be good at Martyrdom (which is really just impossible), you have to die. A LOT. If you\'re dying a lot, you\'re screwing up the team or just plain losing the match. The purpose is to KILL THE ENEMY. Not get killed. You\'re an even bigger twat if you use this perk in HC. This means your team is getting killed too because you were too stupid to not die.

Scenario C: You\'re Using Double Tap On A PPSh --- Honestly, the biggest problem I\'m having with CoD players is that people don\'t seem to use perks wisely. They see: Faster Shooting Perk!!! and think this is the greatest idea ever. If you look at the weapon you\'re about to use they have these things called "Stats". What these do are present the main points of a weapon:

1) Accuracy: How accurate a shot will be
 2) Damage: How much damage a single bullet will do
 3) Fire Rate: How fast the gun can fire
 4) Mobility: How fast/slow you run while holding the gun

Before selecting a perk, be sure to know what your weapon\'s stats are. The PPSh has a RIDICULOUSLY HIGH fire rate; therefore putting on Double Tap is like beating a dead horse, and then fucking the corpse. It\'s redundant, stupid, and most likely illegal in some states. The SMART thing to do would be to notice the LOW DAMAGE RATE and put Stopping Power on to compensate. Thus, cutting down the number of bullets needed and prolonging your run with the gun. Since the gun has the ability to "burst fire" (being an SMG and all) this means you can extend the life of your clip and run longer.
  Another intelligent decision would be to note the long reload time and throw on Sleight Of Hand (a less jackassed move since with SP the gun is pretty much munchkined). If you equip a Round Drum and slap on Bandolier you\'ll have a loadout that promises to last you an entire game on practically one damn clip. If you\'re good. (I recommend Bandolier over the other Tier 1 perks since it\'s the most useful [other than Satchel charges for anti-tanking])

Scenario D: Juggernaut + Martyrdom --- The purpose of Juggernaut is to postpone death. The purpose of Martyrdom is to support death with another death (hopefully the opponent\'s). Using these two together not only wastes two perk slots, but it is highly counter-indicative and means you\'re just a dumbass.

Scenario E: Using Second Chance But Never Reviving Teammates --- While some call SC a souped up Juggernaut with a pistol, I look upon it as a way to promote teamwork. Nary a game goes by where I\'m not booking it across the field to keep my teammate alive and deny the opposition their kill. This extends their life, the team\'s life, and gives us a chance to turn the game around if we\'re doing bad. If you\'re using this solely to get more kills then you\'re a moron who belongs back in Free For All. Get the hell out of TEAM Deathmatch.

Scenario F: Using Stopping Power On A Shotgun --- Seriously, I\'ve met people who do this. A shotgun is extremely powerful and again, look at the stats. Practically one shot kills when fired close enough, and using SP is again: REDUNDANT. A far more intelligent move would be to use Sleight Of Hand to make up for the poor reload time, and Extreme Conditioning to move faster across the field; giving you the chance to put the drop on the enemy quicker. Another idea would be to use Dead Silence for Tier 3, giving you yet ANOTHER advantage over the enemy.

Scenario G: Going For Kills Only In CTF, Domination, HQ, S&D, or War --- These modes are based around completing objectives, not upping your precious K/D. While one team is SUPPOSED to kill in S&D, any team that relies solely on killing when planting a bomb is stupid. The other modes are about capturing points. If you\'re sitting in the back shooting at random passerby then you are in the wrong damn game. I want to win. Not sit for four bloody hours while you try to reach 100-1. Go play Ground War.

Scenario H: Bragging About Your K/D Only --- K/D only indicates your ability to kill another person. It says nothing about your ability to capture flags, destroy/set (successfully) bombs, or hold positions. It also says nothing about your ability to work with/lead a team through a match. Grow up and think outside yourself.
  This game isn\'t about you. It\'s about the community. It\'s about promoting teamwork and connectivity. If you want a selfish game, go play a single player game like Fallout 3 or Oblivion. There you can be whatever jackass hero you want without screwing the rest of us over.

There\'s more, but I think I\'ve made my point somewhere around Scenario A. Please people, use your heads. Quit talking like you\'re big shit when you\'re obviously just a mealy mouthed cuntwaffle. Thank you.

Axikal
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3

Re: Why I'm Bashing You

Postby Musashi1596 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:04 am

Bravo, bravo. May I also add something?

Weapon attachments. In particular, using an ACOG on an Uzi. Seriously, why?
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby jessica101 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:16 am

Scenario B - is useful when playing hq games. Nothing clears a hq which has several enemy in it quicker than martyrdom :wink:

Scenario H - I\'ve tried to tell everyone this, nobody seems to care :(

Good list Ax :D
jessica101
Major 2
Major 2

Postby dazzafett » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:16 am

Pretty Much agree with all of that Ax except Scenario B only for the 2 reasons listed below.
Would also add people are foolish to use SP and Jugg in HC modes!!!

Also due to your reasons i only ever bother with second Chance now in S&D as it seems the only mode where people will actually bother to revive you anymore. Unless playing with a mate its pointless in other modes.

OK only exceptions with Scenario B is that you will have to use Marty for a short time if you want to go for the 100% clean sweep on your Challenges.

I also agree with Jess. Some games Marty can help turn things around for you by clearing out an HQ if you run in to take it and there are already 2/3 enemy in there trying to cap. Or if you are the first to arrive and you are unable to cap as the Enemy arrive in numbers before your team mates can.
However Extreme Conditioning is in the long run a much better choice tho i will sometimes switch over to Marty when the game is lagging so much that my bullets have become less effective but Marty can still help cap HQs so your still adding something to the team. (Core Only of course)
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Postby gonzalez9379 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:21 pm

Though I believe K/D is important in objective based modes, I do understand where you can\'t say you did good when you went 28-1 but your team lost 6-0 in CTF.
gonzalez9379
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Postby GoD_GraveDancer » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:34 pm

[size=150:1tdr3l5s]Agree on all parts, but Im guilty of a couple of them.

Case in point. The shipment HQ match last week where I went 141-38. I didnt cap a single HQ, but was doing a damn fine job of keeping the enemy busy. Those 7 choppers helped alot.
[/size]
GoD_GraveDancer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby jessica101 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:26 am

Gravy honey, that\'s called good teamwork! :wink:
jessica101
Major 2
Major 2

Postby 4_fabregas_4 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:57 am

I\'ve mIissed hearing your ever true rants, you crazy sonofabitch

funny though, as the worlds best cod player did everything on your list....

Cheers
4_fabregas_4
Corporal 2
Corporal 2

Postby pappasmurf22 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:20 am

[quote="Jessica101":14whjku9]Scenario B - is useful when playing hq games.  Nothing clears a hq which has several enemy in it quicker than martyrdom  :wink:

Scenario H - I\'ve tried to tell everyone this, nobody seems to care  :(

Good list Ax  :D
[/quote]

jugg. marty and a shotgun. nothing better for clearing a hq.
pappasmurf22
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3

Postby Axikal » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:50 pm

[quote="4_Fabregas_4":alsu1ud2]I\'ve mIissed hearing your ever true rants, you crazy sonofabitch

funny though, as the worlds best cod player did everything on your list....

Cheers[/quote]
I\'ve sure missed making them, and posting them online. Too bad I\'m now permabanned from Hn00b :D

Where the FUCK have you been? You tank-whoring fusspudget!

Axikal
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3

Next

Return to Legendary Words