Dear Headset

Ax speaks, you listen

Dear Headset

Postby Axikal » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:39 pm

Dear Headset,

I must admit, I haven\'t been much for using headsets in the past. I could never afford one, or my connection was too slow; my intel would come too little too late from lagging. Ever since I bought W@W, I felt it necessary to chip in and purchase a shiny new headset for my PS3. I couldn\'t WAIT to get into the game using it.

The problem is: Some of you don\'t know something called "etiquette".

Well before I got my new headset (which sits ever so comfortably on my ear), you managed to spam my TV speakers (set to a fairly decent volume) with static. Honestly, if I wanted to listen to "snow", I\'d go outside. At least it falls QUIETLY.
I also am aware you love the sound of your own singing. However, you\'d fail at any singing competition. In fact, I think I heard a small Japanese woman cringing at the sound of your voice, WHILE she performed an Engrish version of "Never Gonna Give You Up". Please, stop. I\'m trying to knife this guy in the back; spraying a shower of crimson goodness. I really don\'t want to hear some crappy pop song that I won\'t give two s---s about after the match is over, and I\'ve properly teabagged your bullet ridden corpse.
As much as I\'m sure the other person on the phone wants to know what cream your hemorrhoids needs; I don\'t. If someone calls... please mute your headset. I really don\'t like missing kills because your loud, obnoxiously unneeded conversation breaks into my concentration.

You know that bitchin soundtrack you just burned onto your PS3? I\'m not interested. Stop trying to spam the airwaves with "doon DOKKA DOOKA DON! DA DA DAOW Uh, Uh oh yeahhhh :techno noise here:". It sucks. Music is distracting, especially music that is accompanied by that oddly loud "snow". I\'d tell the snow to shut up, but it lands and melts away before I get the chance. Damn you snow. Damn you... :shakes fist in anger:
Please, turn down the volume of your TV, or sit a bit further away. I know my voice is indomitably sexy... but I really don\'t need to hear myself reverberating from your speakers, into my headset. Honestly, it throws me off for some reason. This is especially bad when I\'m attempting to hand out some intel. Are you deaf? Don\'t make me beg, because that\'s really just a heartbreaking sight.

Now that I have a headset, your misuse of the "Team Communication Device" is a bit more... personally located. By that I mean: You\'re in my f---ing ear. Please show me, and the rest of the team some respect. Stop spamming the airwaves, and contribute to the team vocally. Or just shut off your set and let the rest of us do it.

We know what we\'re doing. Trust me.

-Axikal

Axikal
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3

Re: Dear Headset

Postby Musashi1596 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:38 am

Ah, you gotta love the mute button.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Gosu360 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:05 am

[quote="Axikal":7udmpo5t]I know my voice is indomitably sexy...[/quote]
The term my wife used when listening to you the other week was "wtf, who is that swearing his head off all the time"

:D
Gosu360
Brigadier 2
Brigadier 2

Postby thetruemarine » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:31 pm

[quote="Gosu71":4dbecrcx][quote="Axikal":4dbecrcx]I know my voice is indomitably sexy...[/quote]
The term my wife used when listening to you the other week was "wtf, who is that swearing his head head off all the time"

:D [/quote]

:D If im not playing with friends i turn my mic off,cant take it!
thetruemarine
Lieutenant 2
Lieutenant 2

Postby riotwarden » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:45 pm

[quote="Gosu71":2dzowir6][quote="Axikal":2dzowir6]I know my voice is indomitably sexy...[/quote]
The term my wife used when listening to you the other week was "wtf, who is that swearing his head head off all the time"

:D [/quote]

Phew, at least it wasn\'t me swearing that day! :shock:
riotwarden
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby Musashi1596 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:01 pm

I use my headset only when playing with people from there; but even then I guess i\'m fairly quiet. Just shout out a claymore warning every now and then.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby junkyjunker » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:48 pm

i\'m usually pretty quiet but if you listen closely you will hear me swearing at myself for being a noob and a moron. i try not to yell into the mic unless someone starts talking non sense and then i feel the need to correct them.
junkyjunker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby jessica101 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:04 pm

NSHQ games would just not be the same without the mics, the in game talk adds to about 70% of the fun, 95% if we\'re not winning :ha:

Zombies without a mic, hopeless :roll:
jessica101
Major 2
Major 2

Postby Musashi1596 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:32 pm

I can often be heard cursing my Godawful connection and the stupendous amount of lag I get.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby GoD_Dawnrunner » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:31 pm

[quote="Axikal":3s2phqso]Dear Headset,

I must admit, I haven\'t been much for using headsets in the past. I could never afford one, or my connection was too slow; my intel would come too little too late from lagging. Ever since I bought W@W, I felt it necessary to chip in and purchase a shiny new headset for my PS3. I couldn\'t WAIT to get into the game using it.

The problem is: Some of you don\'t know something called "etiquette".

Well before I got my new headset (which sits ever so comfortably on my ear), you managed to spam my TV speakers (set to a fairly decent volume) with static. Honestly, if I wanted to listen to "snow", I\'d go outside. At least it falls QUIETLY.
  I also am aware you love the sound of your own singing. However, you\'d fail at any singing competition. In fact, I think I heard a small Japanese woman cringing at the sound of your voice, WHILE she performed an Engrish version of "Never Gonna Give You Up". Please, stop. I\'m trying to knife this guy in the back; spraying a shower of crimson goodness. I really don\'t want to hear some crappy pop song that I won\'t give two s---s about after the match is over, and I\'ve properly teabagged your bullet ridden corpse.
  As much as I\'m sure the other person on the phone wants to know what cream your hemorrhoids needs; I don\'t. If someone calls... please mute your headset. I really don\'t like missing kills because your loud, obnoxiously unneeded conversation breaks into my concentration.

You know that bitchin soundtrack you just burned onto your PS3? I\'m not interested. Stop trying to spam the airwaves with "doon DOKKA DOOKA DON! DA DA DAOW Uh, Uh oh yeahhhh :techno noise here:". It sucks. Music is distracting, especially music that is accompanied by that oddly loud "snow". I\'d tell the snow to shut up, but it lands and melts away before I get the chance. Damn you snow. Damn you... :shakes fist in anger:
  Please, turn down the volume of your TV, or sit a bit further away. I know my voice is indomitably sexy... but I really don\'t need to hear myself reverberating from your speakers, into my headset. Honestly, it throws me off for some reason. This is especially bad when I\'m attempting to hand out some intel. Are you deaf? Don\'t make me beg, because that\'s really just a heartbreaking sight.

Now that I have a headset, your misuse of the "Team Communication Device" is a bit more... personally located. By that I mean: You\'re in my f---ing ear. Please show me, and the rest of the team some respect. Stop spamming the airwaves, and contribute to the team vocally. Or just shut off your set and let the rest of us do it.

We know what we\'re doing. Trust me.

-Axikal[/quote]

MUTE... the answer to this rediculously long rant! Problem solved!
GoD_Dawnrunner
Rob Hansen
Long Live The Gamerz!
GoD_Dawnrunner
Gunnery Sergeant 2
Gunnery Sergeant 2

Return to Legendary Words