Community Event Friday 4/16

Community Event Friday 4/16

Postby hnic_04 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:57 am

Well apparently the last thread went missing so I am going to copy and paste it over.

Alright as promised I plan on holding a community event this coming Friday April 16th at 3pm PST, 6pm EST, and 2300 GMT. The winning events were This is my house, Battleship, and I predict a riot (descriptions below). Let\'s shoot for at least 12 people to participate but the max is 18 so anyone wanting to sign up is more than welcome. Just post here if you would like to participate and I\'ll put your name on the list and if I don\'t already have you added on PSN I\'ll add you within 24 hours. I\'ll also send out reminders to everybody who has signed up the day before either here or on PSN just to be sure everyone remembers.

Participants
ACSLATER
Badger
Gosu
Bustagamez
dahawk
bignig04

This is MY House

Map: Estate
Perks: Anything you want
Killstreaks: Everything but a nuke
Equipment: No restrictions
Game Mode: TDM
Requirement: 1 spectator, preferrably taping this for Youtube hilarity!

Idea here is basic Command and Conquer. 1 team must protect the Estate house at the top of the hill from the other team, and do whatever it takes to keep them out. To win the game, attacking team MUST have all 6 members in the house, while the defending team must be pushed out of the house.

Obviously TI\'s are going to be at a premium, as well as claymores and traps. The spectating judge (or judges) will determine when 1 team is fully in the house and 1 team is fully out of the house.

Note for defending team. You do not have to stay IN the house the entire time. You can leave to defend, but obviously leaving the house means you\'re risking losing to a team getting inside.

Teams switch sides after a round, winners will have the quickest time of gaining control of the house.

Battleship

Map: Wasteland
Perks: 1MA & tubes & danger close... no cold blooded.
Killstreaks: None, although a counter uav would be fun
Equipment: None needed
Game Mode: S&D, no time limit though
Requirement: Constant UAV to see where the other team is.

Remember the kids game, where you try to sink each other\'s battleship by calling out a number and hoping you hit something? This works in a similar fashion.

2 teams will stand on opposite sides of Wasteland (preferrably the side with the dual turrets). Teams will alternate shots of noob tubes, 1 member at a time, in hopes of hitting someone on the other team. Get hit, and you\'re dead until the next round.

You\'re not allowed to stand behind any kind of cover... no downed tanks, no walls, no trenches or trees. You must be out in the open and since the constant UAV is on, people will know where you are at all times.

After the each round of volleys, teams must move closer towards the other team. The rounds continue until 1 team is completely eliminated. Like S&D, you get 1 life until the next round, team that wins 4 of the 7 rounds wins the game.

I predict a Riot

Map: Terminal
Perks: Marathon, Lightweight & Commando
Killstreaks: None
Equipment: Tac Insert.
Game Mode: TDM, random teams (Auto assign)
Requirement: Riot Shield

Riot Shield only, no secondary allowed.
Control the bookstore, kills are only allowed while inside the bookstore. Marathon and Lightweight equipped to make sure you get back as quickly as possible.
Tac Insert if you can!
hnic_04
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3

Re:Community Event Friday 4/16

Postby hnic_04 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:04 pm

hopefully we can get at least 4 more people, i think 10 would be a good number for this.
hnic_04
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3

Postby hnic_04 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:37 pm

alright, i think partially no more action because
1. people are growing tired of mw2 and don\'t care about CE anymore
2. people are still adjusting to this new forum template and scared to post

either way, if we don\'t get a few more participants signing up soon this will have to be canceled
hnic_04
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3

Postby dahawk » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:49 am

I was out, sorry.
dahawk

Postby hnic_04 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:22 pm

dahawk wrote:I was out, sorry.

dude, don\'t worry about it nothing happened since only 6 signed up anyways
hnic_04