Let's Get These Rolling Again

Let's Get These Rolling Again

Postby hnic_04 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:31 pm

Inspired by JLoco I have decided to try and run some fun new community events, taking a break from just TDM, FFA, etc... and bending the rules about for a bit of fun. If you haven\'t seen JLoco\'s thread on some great community event ideas don\'t worry, I\'ve copy and pasted all of the event ideas for you below. Read through them and say which ones you would like to do, each person can vote for 2 options. If this thread gets enough notice we\'ll try to get a match going sometime Fri-Sunday of this week, if not we\'ll shoot for next.

edit:
event will take place at the normal 3pm PST 6pm EST 23:00 GMT

[size=150:2r3byq19]C4 Wars[/size]

Map: Rust
Perks: 1 Man Army (or scavenger if not unlocked yet) + Danger close, no painkiller
Killstreaks: None
Equipment: C4
Game Mode: FFA
Restrictions: Nobody to the top of Rust... mid level fine, but not the top perch.

Pretty self explanatory, every man for himself with C4. 1MA change when needed, no weapons or knife kills allowed in a FFA to the end.

[size=150:2r3byq19]Throwing Knife Only[/size]

Map: Scrapyard
Perks: Scavenger or 1MA & Lightweight
Killstreaks: UAV, C-UAV, EMP only (or none if you don\'t have them unlocked)
Equipment: Throwing knife obviously
Restrictions: None

Another self explanatory game... I chose Scrapyard because Rust is too small and others are too big.

[size=150:2r3byq19]This is MY House[/size]

Map: Estate
Perks: Anything you want
Killstreaks: Everything but a nuke
Equipment: No restrictions
Game Mode: TDM
Requirement: 1 spectator, preferrably taping this for Youtube hilarity!

Idea here is basic Command and Conquer. 1 team must protect the Estate house at the top of the hill from the other team, and do whatever it takes to keep them out. To win the game, attacking team MUST have all 6 members in the house, while the defending team must be pushed out of the house.

Obviously TI\'s are going to be at a premium, as well as claymores and traps. The spectating judge (or judges) will determine when 1 team is fully in the house and 1 team is fully out of the house.

Note for defending team. You do not have to stay IN the house the entire time. You can leave to defend, but obviously leaving the house means you\'re risking losing to a team getting inside.

Teams switch sides after a round, winners will have the quickest time of gaining control of the house.

[size=200:2r3byq19]I predict a Riot[/size]

Map: Terminal
Perks: Marathon, Lightweight & Commando
Equipment: Tac Insert.
Game Mode: TDM, random teams (Auto assign)
Requirement: Riot Shield

Riot Shield only, no secondary allowed.
Control the bookstore, kills are only allowed while inside the bookstore. Marathon and Lightweight equipped to make sure you get back as quickly as possible.
Tac Insert if you can!

[size=150:2r3byq19]3PNS[/size]

Map: Skidrow
Perks: Scavenger or 1MA & Steady Aim, no painkiller
Equipment: None to be used
Game Mode: 3rd Person FFA
Requirements: Intervention, health reduced to minimal

On a take on the no-scope only Shipment matches from COD4, now we can do NS in 3rd person view, which is ridiculously harder!

Health will be reduced to minimal to prevent hit markers and no kills, no camping allowed, no hard scoping allowed, just good ole fashion hip fire and hope for the best.

[size=150:2r3byq19]Battleship[/size]

Map: Wasteland
Perks: 1MA & tubes & danger close... no cold blooded.
Killstreaks: None, although a counter uav would be fun
Equipment: None needed
Game Mode: S&D, no time limit though
Requirement: Constant UAV to see where the other team is.

Remember the kids game, where you try to sink each other\'s battleship by calling out a number and hoping you hit something? This works in a similar fashion.

2 teams will stand on opposite sides of Wasteland (preferrably the side with the dual turrets). Teams will alternate shots of noob tubes, 1 member at a time, in hopes of hitting someone on the other team. Get hit, and you\'re dead until the next round.

You\'re not allowed to stand behind any kind of cover... no downed tanks, no walls, no trenches or trees. You must be out in the open and since the constant UAV is on, people will know where you are at all times.

After the each round of volleys, teams must move closer towards the other team. The rounds continue until 1 team is completely eliminated. Like S&D, you get 1 life until the next round, team that wins 4 of the 7 rounds wins the game.

[size=150:2r3byq19]Thump This[/size]

Map: Rust
Perks: Scavenger & Danger Close
Equipment: Noob tubes, thumpers and Blast Shields

Tubes versus the blast shield, who wins? Since nobody ever uses the blast shield, figured we could put it to good use in a fun game with noob tubes. Blast shields are supposed to reduce the damage taken by tubes, so we might as well test that theory!
hnic_04
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3

Re: Let's Get These Rolling Again

Postby hnic_04 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:22 pm

looking good so far, you should also post your name here, or maybe i\'ll just make another thread after a few days of voting stating the winner, then people can sign up on that thread

yeah, thats what we\'ll do, I\'ll leave this poll up through Sat and pick the winning 1 or 2 and post a thread Sunday
hnic_04
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3

Postby nemsis66 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:21 pm

Hmm can\'t say i tried. No one bothered to turn up
nemsis66
Brigadier 2
Brigadier 2

Postby hnic_04 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:05 am

[quote="Nemsis66":invi9jsw]Hmm can\'t say i tried. No one bothered to turn up[/quote]

i showed up, but yeah nobody did... We\'ll see if we have some better luck with these other types of games/events. 8)
hnic_04
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3

Postby dahawk » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:12 am

i\'d like to play This is my house, battleship, and I predict a riot.
when now since the last apparently was a fail?
dahawk

Postby nemsis66 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:33 am

"This is my house" sounds a bit like the one that i did a few weeks ago
nemsis66
Brigadier 2
Brigadier 2

Postby hnic_04 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:26 am

[quote="daHawk":1i20smiq]i\'d like to play This is my house, battleship, and I predict a riot.
when now since the last apparently was a fail?[/quote]

well it seems like most people are in agreeing with you so far,

I\'ll shoot to make the event next friday, normal time unless there are any protests. I\'m open to considering any day basically if people want to suggest any that make work better for them, as well as a better time if people wish.

Also, I don\'t care if anybody comes and records. I\'d rather people participate and have a good time more than anything, I can take pics of the results at the end of the matches if people want that. Otherwise, just come in, follow the rules, and have a good time.
hnic_04
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3

Postby jimitwotimes » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:06 am

This is My House and I Predict a Riot got my vote. Count me in for the winning choice.
jimitwotimes
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Postby kpitts614 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:29 am

This is my house got my vote but I\'ll play any of them
kpitts614
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby hnic_04 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:07 am

I was thinking about taking the top 2-3 options and doing them. Looks like a run away decision so far as to the winners, another day or two of voting and I\'ll make the final thread.
hnic_04
Lieutenant 3
Lieutenant 3

Next

Return to MW2 Community Events