News Reporting

News Reporting

Postby Musashi1596 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:25 pm

Interested in posting news stories?

We're looking to assign some of those who are interested a designated role as a News Reporter here in the forum. You'll get a shiny new badge out of it, and the eternal gratitude and restitude of your fellow forum peers. Well, from me at least.

Unlike a lot of sites that ask for volunteers, there won't be any sort of article/view quota or other such nonsense. We just ask that you post stuff as you see fit, and as long as you post stuff with some regularity you'll be entitled to keep your rank.

Having a fair standard of written English would be great too, but if you aren't too confident on that, I am more than happy to proof read your submissions to a reasonable extent. The key thing here is that you are genuinely interested in the role, really. I used to have this role myself, in the forum's early days, and I'm keen to see it return.

Please let us know in here if you are interested in becoming a forum news reporter, and we'll go from there.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Re: News Reporting

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:58 pm

I could totally do this job. Here is my CV.

Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby benjiman0 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:27 pm

Would be keen for this, although I am still a little newish in comparison to others on the forum, so I'd completely understand if you would prefer older members of the forum!
Agent TuX owns 24 games worth: $407.78 USD
benjiman0
News Reporter
News Reporter

Postby HAYTRED » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:19 pm

I speak good English, yes?
HAYTRED
General 3
General 3

Postby GoD_GraveDancer » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:20 pm

Users ‹ PrestigeGamerz — WordPress.png

I classified these users as Authors when we brought on the website a couple years ago. They are all able to write and post articles to the front page. The list will be modified pending the outcome of this thread.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GoD_GraveDancer
Administrator
Administrator

Postby jloco11 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:57 pm

I didn't even know I could write articles! Shit, I would have done at least 1 per month :mrgreen:
jloco11

Postby Musashi1596 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:32 pm

benjiman0 wrote:Would be keen for this, although I am still a little newish in comparison to others on the forum, so I'd completely understand if you would prefer older members of the forum!
Not at all, if you're interested, feel free to give it a shot.

Tell you what, anyone who wants a shot, post up an article in the news section (viewforum.php?f=300) and shoot myself or Gravy a PM to let me know that you want to be a reporter (as not everyone who posts news wants to be a reporter). Or if you've written some already, just PM a link to an existing one of yours. Try and include a picture as the article header if you can.

It might take a little while to work out the finer details but may as well get things started.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby A7XDrumCovers » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:52 pm

Meh, I guess I could do ones for the Nintendo side of things if you really needed a writer at all but, that being said I was thinking about just making my own little series of articles for the nintendo thread anyways, to go along with my Headbangers Guides in music thread.

Alternatively, I could take a Jim Sterling approach and talk shit about everything bad going on lately HAHAHA
Zombies Records
Highest Rounds in order of Map Release (W@W maps being first) - 20, 28, 34, 48, 50, 34, 48, 35, 35, 38, 34, 27, 56, 48, 70, 45
No Mans Land Record - 265 Kills (Ranked 867)
A7XDrumCovers
Lieutenant 2
Lieutenant 2

Postby Musashi1596 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:40 am

If you want to give it a shot, post something up in the news section and we'll go from there.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Return to MW2 Community Events