New Map Impressions

New Map Impressions

Postby gjballer35 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:30 pm

So played the new maps a bunch of times yesterday and they are very very impressive. I'm gonna do a run down of the maps. The one thing that stood out the most for these new maps is teamwork is even more essential to winning on these maps because of the high emphasis on vehicles except for cold war which is infantry bases but still requires massive teamwork to win. They have done a great job at putting the crates outside instead of in 2.0 buildings so that people dont just rocket snipe but actually have to plant. I only played these maps on rush they are also available on conquest. Overall though they have done an amazing job with these maps and they add so much to the game.

Harvest day- This map plays brilliant even better than in bc1, the destruction 2.0 really helps this map out alot and it looks great.Like most bc1 maps they start off with huge areas and then as you make your assault the areas start turning them selves into smaller areas for the final assault so they go from vehicle based to infantry based all within the same map. This map is very intense and the few games I had on this map had me fighting very hard to pull out a win.

Oasis- By far my favorite map from bc1 and its even better with 2.0 and improved visuals over bc1. They have made some improvements to this map like moving the mcoms outside on the first base instead of in 2.0 houses, changed elevations in the urban area, and moved the aa guns. Its freaking awesome starting with an apache while attacking and 2 tanks along with humvees, and atvs. What I love about this map is that it lends its self well to so many different classes sniping for counter sniping other snipers and mortaring far away tanks, enginer for laying out tank mines and repairing vehicles, and so many other styles of play. This map is very intense also with the defenders getting a heli at the second base and then moving into tightly packed urban areas towards the last base.

Cold war- Infantry only must push forward quick when attacking or else u risk not getting far down the hill. This map is great and allows for some very hectic firefights. Having medics on your team is a must for carrying victory on this map. Every building in this map is fully destructible so no cover is safe and sitting back will just cause your team to get over run and the battle will be over quickly. So I wouldnt recommend sniping except maybe at the first base defending.

Heavy metal-(conquest only)- This map is massive so to everybody that complained about every other map been to small this map is for you. Both sides start with one attack chopper and one tranport heli along with 2 tanks and other tanks spawning once u capture other bases. There is 3 flags and the distant between them is massive so find a vehicle which they spawn at every base or ask for a tranport heli to pick you up. Teamwork is a must on this map or else you will only be stuck with one base the whole time. The tranpsport helis play a crucial role in victory on this map and the russians have a notable advantage with the hinds gunner over the blackhawk so keeping someone near b aa is essential or hopeing the apache can take out both vehicles. Also if you like sniping there are plenty of places to snipe, post yourself up near the top of the valley and pick off people trying to run between bases or trying to capture. This map is a blast to play if you have a good squad and I noticed most other rndm squads on our team were willing to play the right way to achieve victory.
gjballer35
Captain
Captain

Re: New Map Impressions

Postby Musashi1596 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:01 pm

This sounds brilliant, can't wait to try them out. Thanks for that, GJ.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Re: New Map Impressions

Postby dahawk » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:07 pm

Ive noticed that every map needs teamwork for victory. whenever i join a match with randoms, i almost always lose with the top score for out team depending on the time i joined.

Harvest Day-
wonderful map. The amount of vehicles has been cut down but its still an enjoyable experience with intense games.
Great for sniping, but this can be a pain when you have a team full of wookie impersonators.
No light tanks this time, but there are still great tank battles in the open fields. A vehicle focused fight becomes a close quarter battle in the last few bases, making one long game with lots of fun throughout. i believe its 5 bases now, one less than in BC1 but again, this doesnt change much.

Heavy metal-
This is something i wouldnt have expected in BC2. It is huge, living up to the name of battlefield. Epic tank and helicopter battles on and over huge, open, hilly fields. there are only three flags but each provides a lot of fun while capturing and defending. The two helicopters on each side make everything more intense. Teamwork is required to hold the objectives, otherwise you will lose. You cant be sniping or waiting on the helipad the whole match or the enemy will be waiting to spawn kill you in your base. Its a lot of fun with a good team.

Cold War-
meh. this map could be better, when i played it with baller, book and t00ts we didnt have a good time. The spawns are too close to the enemy. Its too easy for the attackers to advance. that is my opinion so far but i havent had adequate time to judge this map, i havent even played all of the bases.

Oasis-
epic as it was in BC1. though again, you need teamwork to win. There are many ways to attack and defend. The attackers get a chopper for two bases, and the defenders get one on the second base. The attackers will have tanks for every base but the second to last. The defenders have everything to defend against these though. The attackers get a boat and its a reat way of getting behind and flanking defenders. In the last two bases it becomes house to house fighting, with a few light vehicles to help. It's the most intense part of any map in this game. if you played BC1 you should be familiar with everything but a few things have changed like the position of AA guns.
dahawk

Return to Battlefield - Bad Company 2