BF1 Is A Mess

BF1 Is A Mess

Postby Musashi1596 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:17 am

Let me preface this by saying I enjoy BF1. But compared to even BF4's rocky launch it feels like a half finished game. Evidently they haven't learned their lessons. It's not compatible with Battlelog and has no official stat tracker, unlike BF4 and 3. I'm hoping we can get an unofficial one along the lies of BFBCS in the Bad Company days.

But then again, there's barely any point in tracking stats, because there's basically nothing to unlock as it is, and the few things you can work towards are completely broken. Spot the problem here; here's my first run on one of the TDM maps

And here is my medal progress after finishing the match (which I ended with 10 knife kills)

It's also impossible to join your friends mid match most of the time, unless they stop and send you an invite. The menus are awful, with inexplicable lag when moving the cursor. You only have a few seconds to leave a match after it's done before you are locked into starting the next one. The test range has been removed, and with it, any ability you had to actually alter your loadouts in the main menu and not mid match. You can't even spend your war bonds in the menu. Battlepacks are terrible now too, as is the radar now that gunshots don't show up on it.

It's ridiculous. I can't understand how its basic structure can deteriorate so much from what was eventually a pretty polished BF4 to this. I'm not being hyperbolic; I genuinely struggle to comprehend how so much basic functionality has been lost.There's not even Hardcore modes available.

Also, suppression still sucks
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Re: BF1 Is A Mess

Postby Musashi1596 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:57 am

Also artillery trucks are fucking ludicrously overpowered
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mi2Lethal » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:38 am

Yep the menus are infuriating as hell and I've basically given up going after medals until they fix their shit. At one point I had different challenges between in game and end game menus. I have the BF companion app on my phone, it's no Battlelog but it's certainly better than the in game stat tracker.

I am shocked that there are only around 4 guns per class (not counting the variants), it reeks of future dlc weapons to me.
Mi2Lethal
Gunnery Sergeant 2
Gunnery Sergeant 2

Postby Musashi1596 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:47 am

Mi2Lethal wrote:Yep the menus are infuriating as hell and I've basically given up going after medals until they fix their shit. At one point I had different challenges between in game and end game menus. I have the BF companion app on my phone, it's no Battlelog but it's certainly better than the in game stat tracker.

I am shocked that there are only around 4 guns per class (not counting the variants), it reeks of future dlc weapons to me.
As shown somewhat here https://twitter.com/Musashi1596/status/ ... 0716094464 I have a constant issue of the medal I'm tracking vanishing and the available set being replaced with another, which is irritating as hell when I've already finished them.

There is a browser based tracker now at https://www.battlefield.com but it's nowhere near as good as Battlelog was. In game tracking is worthless. I'm also inclined to agree about the weapons. Padding it out by giving tiny variations of the same gun is a cheap ass move.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby antbowman97 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:41 pm

it's been a mess since bf4
antbowman97
Apprentice
Apprentice

Return to Battlefield - General