"Swatting" over Call of Duty

"Swatting" over Call of Duty

Postby jloco11 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:06 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/call-of-duty-swat ... 01346.html

Best part of this whole story... the mom saying the kid needs to put the controller down and get a job. Umm, guess what lady.... that's a reflection of shitty parenting! If you want your kid to show work ethic, get off your fat fucking ass, go look in the mirror to see where the problem lies!
jloco11

Re: "Swatting" over Call of Duty

Postby Musashi1596 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:46 pm

Really though, to hell with her. I don't understand the obsession with forcing people into jobs as early as possible. I'll admit, I only just started my first job (well, my first paying job) at the grand old age of 22 years old, because I opted to focus on both my education and leisure, instead of only having time for one. Started looking for work once I graduated university. What's so wrong with taking it easy while you're still in education? Sure as hell not going to get a chance later.

As for the whole swatting trend though, I am having trouble processing quite how unbelievably stupid it is. Hope the kid who called it in gets caught.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby gigitygigity » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:42 am

Reminds me of the woman who called 911 to change the channel on her TV cause she couldn't find the remote. This is the world we live in.
gigitygigity

Postby Musashi1596 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:16 pm

gigitygigity wrote:Reminds me of the woman who called 911 to change the channel on her TV cause she couldn't find the remote. This is the world we live in.
It's amazing the sort of thing people phone 999 for. I remember hearing about a guy who phoned them because he was given the wrong topping for his ice cream.

But that said, apparently I also phoned 999 when I was but a wee toddler, just to say hello to the operator. Who took it very well.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Return to The Tavern